Tuesday 11 June 2013

Pukka Cleanse Tea


When I was home for Christmas, I picked up this Pukka 'cleanse' tea in my local Jan de Vries health shop.  I then went back to France for the rest of my year abroad and forgot all about it.  When I came home last month I found it languishing at the back of the kitchen cupboard and decided to use it up.  In the description, it claims to 'purify your skin and maintain a healthy, glowing complexion' and it contains nettle, fennel, peppermint and dandelion.  First things first, I don't really appreciate the taste of this. It contains licorice, which I think is a bit love or hate.  However, it's not too strong, so if I drink this quickly I don't find the taste too offensive.  I usually drink this before bed and it really helps me to sleep.

Now for the most important bit, does it actually help your skin? I've been drinking this about three times a week for five or six weeks now and I do think my skin is less clogged and has a bit more radiance.  The problem is, and I'm sure this is the case for most people, it's hard to know if this is down to the tea or other factors like my diet or skincare routine.  I do think this doesn't do any harm to your skin, and if I drink this during my er, hormonal times, it helps a lot.  To be honest I think this does the same job as any other type/flavour of herbal tea.  As I prefer the taste of peppermint or camomile tea, I think I'll go back to them once I've used these teabags up.  Have you tried this tea before?

2 comments:

  1. im sure it cant hurt! im not a fan of licorice or fennel tho!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this, but I'm a big fan of mint and chamomile too. Sounds interesting, though!

    Em x
    mascarawarrior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete